I'm the KY Gorilla Guy

The trials, tribulations, adventures, and random public appearances of the KY Gorilla Guy

Friday, August 18, 2006

I finished first in the race! (in the gorilla division)

According to the two media representatives who interviewed me following the Midsummer Night's Run, I won my division! I was the first gorilla to cross the finish line - in just under 8 minutes I might add! That's not bad for a gorilla who is used to walking on all fours. I mean that concrete is hard and well, I was distracted with all the people around me. Most of us gorillas you see, are introverts. So people running around as fast as they can pushing little people in strollers was just enough to nearly upset my banana cart. My picture was taken by lots of people (all of whom didn't email them to me!) and even a Lexington Herald-Leader photographer, but I did not receive any press attention the next day. I'm a happy, jolly, content KY Gorilla Guy though as I did receive a lot of laughs and smiles (and a few shocked faces, but we won't talk about those) and low fives from little kiddos. I had fun dancing along the way and running faster than a lot people who had a lot less hair on their body (and clothes to cover them) than I did. I kept looking for bananas at the finish line, but I only saw oranges, which, clearly, they should know, is not my thing. I thought I put that on my entry form. I'll email the race organizers to know that they better have them next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home